On demand delivery is one of the most popular businesses these days. This is perhaps the biggest reason why many developers across the world are trying to create their own On Demand Delivery apps. And utilizing it as a digital platform. In today’s blog, we will discuss more about how to create the perfect on demand delivery app and launch it on your business.
So, what is an on demand delivery app?
On demand delivery apps are basically mobile apps that promote and facilitate a user to get anything delivered from anywhere when they want it. Typically, one would have to rely on an orderly to send things or themselves move around with things. However, with the help of this app, your users will not need to keep anyone on retainer to bring things over any items when they want it. Instead, they can simply click on the app and hire a professional delivery driver to collect things and then drop them wherever they need for it to be delivered.
An on demand delivery app has the following flow:
- The user downloads the delivery app and registers into it.
- The delivery driver registers into the app after downloading it on their device.
- The user and the service provider are both free to use their Facebook or Gmail accounts to register into the app. Alternatively, they can use a short form available in the app that will help them sign in.
- After this, whenever the user needs to send something across. They can simply click on the app and then enter their pick up and drop destination for the parcel.
- They will then be able to see the different types of vehicles that are available for the delivery.
- Please note that these vehicles can range from a simple bicycle to a monster truck.
- The user can select the vehicle that they find most suited to carry their parcel, based on the weight of the parcel. The dimensions of the parcel and the budget that they have.
- After this, the app will automatically assign the delivery ride to a delivery driver within the operational radius of their services.
- The delivery driver will get notified of the job.
- Now, it is up to the delivery driver whether he or she wants to accept the job or not.
- If the delivery driver rejects the job, then the job will be sent to someone else available in the same region.
- When the delivery driver accepts the job, they will be notified of the pick up location. The drop location and the dimensions and details of the parcel.
- The user will be notified of the driver’s details such as vehicle number, driver name and other such information.
- The user can then pass the parcel on the delivery driver.
- After the delivery driver delivers the parcel, the user is notified of the same.
- The delivery driver as well as the user are now free to rate each other based on their experience.
Scope and Variation of the Delivery App
As explained above, the delivery app is a very holistic app that can be changed or modified to suit the exact nature of the business. Business acumen and ideas can change the way you do your business. You can either choose to cater to a particular niche of the business or even expand it to cover any. Or all kind of delivery it is entirely up to you.
There are many different kinds of delivery apps that can be created to solve specific problems. They are:
- Simple Parcel Delivery to single location
- Simple parcel delivery to multiple locations
- On Demand Food or Restaurant delivery service
- Grocery Delivery services
- On Demand Pharmacy delivery services
- On Demand Bottled Water Delivery
- Alcohol Delivery App
- On Demand Medicinal Marijuana Delivery
- Bakery Goods Delivery
- On Demand Flower Delivery Services
- Delivery Genie (for delivery of things that can not be purchased from the app)
- On Demand Delivery Runner (for delivery of things that need to be picked up from various shops without any purchase involved)
Whether you are new in the delivery market or if you already have a service that operates in similar lines. It is important for you to choose wisely about the kind of app that you need. You have to make sure that your apps are relevant to your market. To do this, here are some top tips:
- Research your market: Make sure you know exactly what your customers want. It is important to get an idea about the existing solutions, how the users are taking to it, whether there is a possibility for you to outdo them, are there any pain points in the existing market and so on and so forth.
- Get the right app: This is a very important aspect of your business. The entire business hinges upon a reliable app because that is the face of your business. That is the first and only point of interaction that your users will have with your business.
This is why; you have to make sure that your app is built by an expert team of developers built by a reliable on demand white label mobile app Development Company that has at least 7 to 8 years of experience in building on demand apps.
Also, it is a wise choice to invest in an app that is already available in a built state so that you can test the app thoroughly before you launch it in the market. You can check out the dynamics of the app, test it from the driver’s perspective, the user’s perspective and the admin panel so that you get a holistic idea of the business even before you enter into it.